The Royal Melbourne Tennis Club
9 August 2017 Weekly News
Head Professional: Frank Filippelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Editor: John Woods-Casey
- 13 Junior Clinics Pros
- 15 C Special Pennant (h’cap 30-40) Pros
- 17 A/B Doubles Pennant Pros
- 18-20 Richmond Silver Racket K Booth
- TBC RMTC v The Jesters J Buckley
- 26-27 Larwood & Eureka Cups (Ballarat v RMTC) (in Ballarat) President
- 1 First Friday of the month drinks, 6-8pm
- 6 Introduction Night President
- 9 North African Handicap Doubles L Brown
- 15 University introductory night Jo See Tan
- 17 Internationality Handicap Doubles Mackinnon Family
Larwood and Eureka Cups (in Ballarat) – 26-27 August
Get your ski gear together, it’s time for the biennial RMTC roadtrip to that well known winter destination Ballarat. We will be sending both women’s and men’s teams and it promises to be a great weekend of tennis and merriment. Sign up early.
Prospective members’ Introduction Night – Wed 6 September
The club needs good new members and we ask for your help to raise awareness of the game with your friends and colleagues. Take this opportunity to bring a friend to the Club and let us introduce him/her to our great game.
Internationality Handicap Doubles – Sun 17 September
The biggest club tournament of the year is coming up again. It’s your chance to dig out your long-lost family history in the jungles of Peru or wildest Siberia and join with someone with the same (or somewhat similar) connection for a fun day of handicap doubles. Wearing the traditional dress of your home country will garner you bonus points and may even see you awarded the coveted “best dressed” prize. Find a partner and discover an interesting connection then come into the club and sign up.
Quarterly Medal #3 – Sat 5 August
Another successful day of handicap singles action was enjoyed by all 20 players in the latest episode of the quarterly medal. The winners on the day, all coming through very strong groups, were John Moran, Dominic Emery, Tim Raw and Ruby Crysell.