The Royal Melbourne Tennis Club
19 April 2017 Weekly News
Head Professional: Frank Filippelli (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Editor: John Woods-Casey
- 25 Anzac Day Trophy F Hewson
- 30 RMTC v MCCRTS
- 5 6pm: First Friday of the Month Drinks
- 5-7 Exhibition Street Cup W Cockram
- 17 AGM and Trophy Presentation President
Lunches are still on!
Food can be a chore, if organising lunch every day is getting you down let your favourite tennis club do it for you. Our phenomenal chef Evie prepares exceptional dishes every Wednesday and Friday including the regular steak and salmon, which is the best in Melbourne (in our completely unbiased opinion), and a range of specials and extras. Drop in on us when you need a break from thinking about lunch and bring anyone you can find who needs a feed.
Emergency Evacuation Procedure Reminder
The committee reminds members and members’ guests of the club’s Emergency Evacuation Procedures:
AT THE SOUND OF THE ALARM
• Go immediately to the nearest exit
• Leave the building by the most direct route
• Follow instructions by staff and/or fire wardens
• Meet at the east end of the club carpark
• If a person with a disability cannot be evacuated, assist them to a position as close as possible to an exit. Notify staff and/or fire brigade.
• Remain outside until the ALL CLEAR is given by emergency officials or fire wardens.
Members and members’ guests are also reminded to please report any OHS issues to the pro shop or direct to the committee. Our members and staff are the lifeblood of our club. It is important we are all alert to emerging hazards to ensure we remain safe while at the RMTC.
ANZAC Day Tournament – Sat 25 Apr
In the afternoon on ANZAC Day; open to 12 players of 40+ handicap and will run from 12 noon. Call the pro shop or sign up on the board in the club.
RMTC vs MCCRTS Interclub Match – Sun 30 Apr
We are looking for a good team of players from RMTC to show the upstarts from the MCC Real Tennis Section how the game is really played. Players of all abilities are invited to join the team, sign up or call the pro shop.
Exhibition St Cup – Fri-Sun 5-7 May
Open to players of any and all handicap, sign up to test yourself against the best players in the club. Knockout singles with all first-round losers going into a doubles draw, or just sign up for doubles. Sign up in the club or ring the pro shop.