Played around the anniversary of the great victory at the battle of Trafalgar 21st October 1805. The tournament has been played at RMTC since the late 1980s.
Started, continued and orchestrated by Jonathan Sear
Doubles over 2 hours :
- 30 minute timed matches, played with as many different partners and opponents as time allows.
- Alternating half bisque every game - first game of a match the receivers have the half bisque, the other pair get it the second and so on
- Half bisque must be taken by calling "KISS ME HARDY"
- The player receiving a Half-Bisque may take it:
- to call Chase Off and so to annul a Chase about to be played for, or
- to annul a first fault served by him; or
- to add a second fault to one served by his opponent
- Cannot be called during a rest
- May be called on either side of the net, but having been called the players must stay on that side - they can't go back
- Half Bisques do not accrue. If the side has one it must be used in that game